10 July 2011

Mind the Gap

Apologies for the gap in my writing. It's been about a month even, so I thought I'd start this baby back up again. Updates will be coming more often, trust me.

News on the job front:

  • Interviewed with Under Armour. It went OK but it was an "exploratory" interview and hence not for a particular position. Going to call them next week to see what's up.
  • Interviewed (2x) with Teavana at the Towson mall. Didn't get it due to another employee transferring in. Oh well.
  • I have an interview next week with viagogo for a Business Analyst position. Will report back on the other side.
  • I have an interview with Bankers Life Insurance next week for.... not really sure what. I think it's for an insurance sales position but I'll wait to pass judgement.
  • On Fri., 8 July, went to a CAPAL-sponsored career fair at JHU SAIS. Submitted resumes to the NSA, NGA, CIA, Deloitte, and spoke to a recruiter from the State Department. Which leads me to my next point:
I think I'm going to take the Foreign Service Officer Test in October. Here's a link to the process. Since I've made this decision so late (for context, some other folks have been studying since January for the Oct test), I'm going to study what I can but basically expect failure the first time around. It's free to take and it's administered/graded by the ACT folks (yes, that ACT). You can take it once per year. I'm not really expecting it to go anywhere unless by some miracle I pass it, pass the Qualifications Examination Panel, and get accepted for the Oral Assessment. Then it'll become serious. For now, it is merely a hobby, a nice thought, a distant way for me to get back to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment